Saturday, August 24, 2013

Artsy.net

New obsession! It's called Artsy.net and it's fueling my resurgent love of art. After Paris and its numerous museums displaying the finest, subtle brushstrokes of paint on canvas, I've been hungrily scouring every place to find more. Right now I'm all for modern and impressionist. I'm trying to give myself an art history education, and so far my curriculum involves scrolling through Artsy.net. The only thing missing is Rick Steve's walking audio tour (I used it in the Musée d'Orsay, is that frowned upon?) that gently pointed out the themes, motifs, and historical context behind each work of art, making me feel smart and cultured. But for right now at least, I'm okay with ignorantly staring at these masterpieces, contemplating my own meanings and thinking to myself, "Ah yes, the contours and lines are so lovely. The dots and dabs of colour, so dashing. And would you look at that monochromatic harmony!" I'm no collector, if that's not already apparent, but I'm an eager appreciator and Artsy.net is good for collectors and appreciators alike.
Artsy’s mission is to make all the world’s art accessible to anyone with an Internet connection. We are an online platform for discovering, discussing, and collecting art. 
- Carter Cleveland, Founder and CEO
All content via Artsy.net:







Visit me on Bloglovin, Instagram, Tumblr and Twitter! Hooray for social media.

No comments:

Post a Comment