Thursday, February 13, 2014

Style Notes: Fairyland

Valentino Spring 2014

For all those unapologetic scifi-fantasy nerds like myself, prepare for this season's epic trend. It's practically Game of Thrones gone haute-couture. Faeries and sprites glide down the runways. Dark witches and snow queens reign in all their glory. There are lush furs reminiscent of House Stark, and gossamer gowns that bring to mind Tolkien elves. Earthy, rich colors at Valentino come straight from the mosses of a forest kingdom, while the silky blues and creams at Alexander McQueen suggest a wintry palace of ice. It's all such a decadent treat and the perfect remedy for bland winter minimalism. And before you go ahead and indulge in the feudal-fantasy bliss below, have this fun tune set the scene for you :)

all images via Style.com


Visit me on Bloglovin, Instagram, Tumblr and Twitter! Hooray for social media.

1 comment:

  1. Omg I love the Game of Thrones, and these creations are amazing. I love this first, I greet you and invite you to read my blog http://claudetta14.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete