Saturday, October 19, 2013

Merci

Hey folks! It's been an awfully long time since I've posted, I know. College apps have just been so crazy lately and I've barely had any time to just breathe let alone blog. Anyway, I recently came across this great, chic concept store called Merci. You can find it at 111 boulevard Beaumarchis in Paris, no less. I first discovered it through the French Fling Pop-In Shop at Nordstrom, which is equally fantastic (cotton graphic tees, candy-colored bracelets, macaroon clutches, scented candles, books on perfume making, wool berets, floral valises...I could go on). Read their interview with Merci's creative director, Jean-Luc Colonna, here.

The Merci shop has all the qualities the retail editors of Monocle magazine are looking for:
1) aesthetically pleasing design (its appearance changes every three weeks!)
2) idea of new luxury based on quality, design, and attitude
3) two cafés (one of which is a used bookstore corridor with over 15,000 books)
4) an outdoor herb garden
5) a novel concept of mixing things together (old and new, casual and extravagant)

I would love to visit someday.. But until then, here's what it looks like:







Visit me on Bloglovin, Instagram, Tumblr and Twitter! Hooray for social media.

No comments:

Post a Comment